Sunday, April 21, 2013

Lost

I know posting had been sparse around these parts. I don't even know if anyone still reads my blog. I am okay if readers have moved on to blogs that contains more than one post every couple of months. But, just because I may not have readers, doesn't mean I am not still going to use this blog as an outlet.

I have been going through some things lately that have left me feeling lost. I have been asked what truly makes me happy and am only being honest when I say that I really don't know (other than the typical family, friends, having a job, being fairly healthy, etc.) I know everyone has their struggles and is dealing with more than I am, so I tend to jut keep this to myself rather than opening up about it, but it is something I am struggling with.

I have been diagnosed with depression and been on antidepressants a number of times since I was a teenager. I go to a counselor to work on issues also. I would love to be someone who is just naturally happy, but I don't think it is part of my inner workings. I get in my head a lot and can't turn my brain off to just enjoy life. I over analyze everything.

I feel like I am walking through a dark cave and am just anxious to get through to the other side and enjoy some sunshine and happiness.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Aw, friend! THinking of you! xo

Diana said...

We are two peas in a pod that way! Feeling the same lately girlie, glad we'll get to spend some more time together :)